This store is the place to be. But they're closed on Sundays and this store has a pitiful selection along with higher prices. There was no bead or charm buying yesterday.
Today I'll hit that first store.
In bowling news, my score is back on its way up again. I changed the way I held the ball while approaching the lane and found I was suddenly throwing it much straighter. It improved my score by about 20 pins.
Although I now have some decent pain in the back of my right knee.
It's a bitch getting old.
Our friend expects to have a booth at this weekend's festival and I'm totally excited. I'm hoping to get plenty of charms put together this week in varying themes so I'll be more likely to sell some.
I figure that if I can sell 10 sets, I'll make back the money I spent on supplies. Everything after that will be profit.
The get together with my friend was much fun. So much so that they came over last night and hung out for a few hours. I really do enjoy his company and am so glad to have discovered he lives closer than I thought.
Although Marc may not be happy about it.
We had been invited to Marc's for a cookout, but they were going to spend the day at his complex's pool before grilling. I don't do well sitting at a pool with no shade in 90 degree heat. Patrick, who is very fair skinned, does even worse. And because they spend hours at the pool, they usually don't start grilling until 8 or 9pm - not ideal when someone has to be up the next morning at 6am for work. Hoping they would start at an earlier time, I texted him mid-afternoon asking for an idea of when they were going to start grilling and never heard back. Around 4:30pm, Marty texted saying they wanted to stop by to see our house.
5 hours later, we had had our own cookout and they were getting ready to leave.
Which is when I noticed that Marc had texted at 8:39pm, saying to come over now.
Even if Marty and his partner hadn't stopped by, that still would have been too late. We would have already eaten and chances are high we would have even already been in our jammies.
But knowing Marc as I do, he will be unhappier with the reason we didn't come over more than anything else. We're both pretty possesive friends and he'll see that as my choosing to spend time with Marty when we had already had an invite to his place.
I say - well, ok, I'd probably get irritated too. But we've been down the "we can't come over at 9pm for dinner when Patrick has to be at work the next morning by 8" route several times before.
So I'm sure my reply that since I didn't hear back from him, Marty and his partner came over and we hung out pissed him off. Especially since I didn't even see his message until after 10pm because we were outside and my phone was inside.
Ah well ... his schedule is what it is these days and mine just doesn't match up.
And I'm grateful to have discovered that Marty lives so much closer than we had thought. We're rekindling our friendship and I'm absolutely enjoying it.
So much so that he's probably going to run to that first store with me today.
Why? So I can work on my charms, of course! So I can (hopefully) sell a bunch this weekend!
Now that there is some real excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment