The rain didn't last long, so another trip to Home Depot was made.
Because ... get ready for it ... I wasn't done painting.
And I'm still not done.
But the main parts are finished. I just have 2 small cabinet doors to paint and then 4 drawer fronts on this small drawer section thing (it sits between our stove and fridge). Easy cheesey.
The rest are finished and the main cabinets are all put back together. We are no longer stepping over various cabinet doors and parts. Yay!
After a full day's painting, I really wanted a relaxing dinner out. So we headed to this place for dinner. The food is beyond excellent, but it's fairly pricey so it's somewhat a rare treat for us.
I know one of the employees, who turned out to be working, and this person had our waitress give us the employee discount. Which, to my delight, ended up being 50%.
Imagine my surprise when I was expecting a bill for around $40 and was instead handed one for $22. Even without the discount, though, it's always worth every penny spent.
Today ... well ... today I could finish those last 4 cabinets and do the drawers in that section thingy. But I may not. I may just run my few errands and call it a day and be lazy. Which I may very well do since I've been dealing with it every day for the last ... what ... 12 years?
Ok maybe not that long. Maybe just 10.
2 comments:
Ugh on still painting.
But yummy for italian food - one of my favorites!
Yay for fun discounts at a good restaurant! Perhaps this was the universe's way of rewarding you for your persistence with the painting??
I've got a million things I'd like to accomplish this summer around my house. And now that it's already well into July, I can confidently say that I've gotten one of the things on my list done. I always manage to find something else to do than clean out my cabinets and organize my closets. Imagine...
All that to say that you've got company at the procrastination party.
Post a Comment