Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bullets ...

Just some points over the last few days ...

* I hit a local Lowe's on Saturday to see what kind of patio furniture sales they may have been running. They were running a 30% off deal, but most of the sets were still well beyond our budget. There were a few that weren't on sale, including one that would work perfectly for us. After talking to a sales associate for a few minutes and describing what I needed, he offered to discount the table for me. I was able to get the table and 3 chairs (we have bench seating on our deck & didn't need many actual chairs) for 1/4 of what one of the other tables cost. Score!

* I'm far too honest when I have a few drinks in me and managed to piss off one of our friends later that evening.

* Had a decent brunch with friends Sunday. Other than that, Sunday was a fairly lazy day.

* I've had my first charm order. Yay! The charms will be mailed today. I'm hoping Ms Ally has started a trend.

* Another seller on etsy has listed me as a favorite. I'm not sure why outside that she seems to sell charms for necklaces and earrings. But it may lead people to my shop, so that's a-ok with me.

* The large bin of supplies I bought from a woman on CL has things to make earrings with. I'm going to look online for instructions and may soon be offering handmade earrings as well. If I don't completely screw them up, that is.

* Another friend is having a garage sale this weekend and said I can set up a table and sell charms if I want. I need to put a bunch more together in order to be prepared for it. I just hope people don't think it's part of the garage sale and try to haggle with me.

* I also need to put together some type of hand-out for it. If someone buys something or wants more information, the hand-out can direct them to my etsy store to see what else I have and / or to place a custom order.

* A friend told me about this place this weekend. I've placed my own order and am spreading the word.

* I had a dream one of my nephews had a baby and it was one of these. Only it had long, sharp teeth and nails and kept trying to bite. My nephew said it was because he was a premie and all premies are like that (no, I know they're not - not sure where that came from). I tried to be nice and not freak out while the thing kept trying to dig and chew into my hands.

* I have made serious headway in the basement. Every time I go down there, I get a little more ahead. I'm feeling more and more confident that we'll soon be flea free down there.

* While I was engaging in the Battle of the Basement, I did almost all of our laundry yesterday. Yay for clean clothes!

And that's it! Although, reading it back over, it's actually quite a bit.

Today I'll mop the kitchen and wash towels. I also need to run to the post office and drop off another set of charms a friend's co-worker ordered. Oh - and the bank. I have a couple of checks I need to deposit.

Busier day than I thought!

No comments: