Yes, there is more painting to do.
However, I did learn another lesson yesterday - don't paint in the sun when it's 85 degrees outside. 85 isn't hot ... unless you're sitting directly in the sun for a couple of hours. This causes headaches and the urge to just crawl into your freezer.
I think what I'll do is start on the kitchen walls and do that until the sun moves around to the front of the house. Around 3 or so, the back deck will be shaded by the house so I won't have to sit directly in the sun while painting the rest of the cabinets and the drawer fronts.
I already have some of the trim in the kitchen taped (I did that last night), so I can get started on the walls.
But - and here's a shocker - I have yet another trip to Home Depot before I can get started.
Gah.
I need a step ladder, another paint tray, and some more flea bombs.
Yes, we're still fighting the fleas in the basement.
And there's more! It's crazy. Bombed twice and it brought them down quite a bit. Ignore them for several days and it's like they've called all of their friends and are throwing a party down there.
So while I paint, I'm hoping I can choke the life out of even more of them.
The good thing is that the paint color for the walls is similar to the existing paint (minus the smoke stains), so I don't have to primer the walls. I can just go straight to the color.
I'll take my victories where I can, no matter how small they may be.
4 comments:
Insect growth regulator is a must! Bombs only kill the adults!
I heard that the flea army had a meeting and they are using your house as camp. HAHAHAHA!
Your posts these last few days have cracked me up. You big bug busting painter! BAHAAAAAAAA,LMAO!!
Tiff
The bombs I've been getting are the growth regulator kind - they kill the eggs, pre-adults, and adults. The only things nothing can touch are the ones still in the cacoons. You have to wait for those to hatch and do it again. Most of the info I've found said it can take 6 - 8 weeks of repeated treatments to get them all.
Ugh-fleas. Insidious little bastards. I wish you luck in the extermination campaign.
As for home improvement-sigh. It's so lovely to finish, but getting there is something else.
My DH goes on a paranoia bender whenever we work on things because we *always* have to return to HD or Lowes or wherever because we never have exactly what we need. He runs around the house ranting about how the universe is conspiring against him finishing his current project. Hee. As if the universe doesn't have better things to do.
Post a Comment