Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not as easy as it looks ...

Making earrings really isn't that hard.

Except for 2 things:

1) I have issues with colors. The correct term is "color deficiency" as opposed to color blindness. I see color with no problem - red is red, green is green. Some reds and some greens, though, may as well be orange or brown. I can't find those stupid letters and numbers in those color blotch things. Coordinating colors has always been hard for me and is something I usually need help with. I'll think things look stupid together and am told they go perfectly. I'll think things look good together and I turn into a polish joke. So coordinating colors for the earrings became a seriously frustrating thing last night.

2) I don't wear earrings. Ever. At all. I have a nickel allergy (I swear I'm Typhoid Mary) and my ears swell and start leaking pus within minutes of putting an earring in. I've tried real gold, sterling silver, etc ... The only thing that doesn't bother my ears is the implant grade stainless steel used in high-grade body piercings. And because I don't wear them, I don't pay attention to styles and trends. So I'm at a bit of a disadvantage when it comes to knowing what someone would wear.

I've enlisted some help, though, so I'm hoping to have some thrown together later today. Especially since the friend who's letting me set up a table at his garage sale lives really close to one of the high schools - I want to put together some that match their school colors and hopefully get a few moms hooked.

My wedding dress is back on the chopping block. Someone wants to see it (the same woman who wanted to see it the last time I had it on CL), but she only wants to give $200 for it. And at this point, I'll happily take the $200. It's $200 more than I have right now. I did tell her that if someone else contacted me and was willing to give the full asking price before she has the money together to buy it, I would sell it.

Marc being in rehab for a month really, really sucks. I keep wanting to call him and remembering that I can't. Gah.

On a positive note, I discovered a branch of my bank is much closer than I thought. I've still been going to one that's about 20 minutes away, but last night realized there's a branch in a grocery store about 5 minutes from our house. Score!

So ... yeah. I'll need a few more pins and tops for the earrings, but that's mostly what my day will contain.

No comments: