I've decided that Hobby Lobby is like Home Depot - you think you have everything you need, but you don't so you make 20 trips in 3 days.
When I ordered the charms, I guesstimated what type / style beads I would need and just grabbed up a bunch. And while I can definitely use some of what I grabbed, I have a much better idea of what I actually want now that the charms have arrived.
I finished the soccer themed charms for my friend's co-worker and they're pretty damned cute if I do say so myself. They really are. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out.
I would show pictures, but they just don't come across in a photo. I think part of the charm (no pun intended) is that I used colorful wooden beads and they just don't show up in photos.
We're starting to think our friend won't have a booth at this weekend's festival. Patrick suggested we get our own, but I won't have enough to be able to support our own booth.
I've looked at ebay again and I'm amazed anyone with small stores makes money. Between the fees ebay and paypal charge, the actual profit is reduced a good bit. So I'm not sure if I'll be putting them on ebay or not. I'm going to look into other ways to take orders and payments.
We're also going to keep our eyes out for other fairs being held in the area. I may not have enough to support our own booth right now, but I may in another month.
Saturday I received a "thanks, but no thanks" letter from the company I interviewed with. Although I probably would have turned it down had I been offered the 2nd interview, it still sucks to be the rejectee as opposed to the rejector.
I'm trying to keep the faith that God is going to take care of this. Not that I expect Him to just drop a job in my lap or anything, but that He will help make sure things work out in some fashion.
So I'll keep plugging along and applying for jobs. Someone somewhere will want to hire me at some point.
I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.
1 comment:
I'm sorry the job search continues to be so frustrating. I continue to keep my fingers and toes crossed that the right thing falls in your lap, and soon! As for the wine charms-yay! They sound really cute! When you begin taking orders from semi-strangers (read: me!), let me know!
As for the HL: It took a while to get any of those stores anywhere close to me up here. So we would visit them when we went further south to see family. My husband was never more irritated than when he would want to go on a Sunday and I would remind him of the "Time for Family and Worship" clause. Hee!
Post a Comment