Saturday, July 12, 2008

Celebrityless ...

No word yet from any of the celebrities I've contacted. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Gah.

I try to be patient because I realize that not everyone's world revolves around my stupid ovaries and our adoption plans.

Well, sometimes I have to remind myself.

Plus it's not like any of my messages are going straight to them, so chances are some person somewhere is trying to decide if it's even worth passing on to the intended recipient, if the original message is being read at all.

The domain and hosting for our new site has been purchased and there's already a Coming Soon message up there. The friend working on it had some really great suggestions, too.

I've pointed him towards my current donation site for some "about us" and history content and was, as usual, surprised at how reading my words affected me.

I'm not sure how everyone else handles it, but I find it easier and less painful to think of our miscarriage in a more abstract way.

When I read the details, which really aren't details of the miscarriage itself, it all seems to rush back at me with surprising speed and clarity. I then spend the next several minutes trying to get my emotions in check.

So this whole new site thing has made me feel somewhat flayed open.

But it's ok. I know it will always be with me and there will be varying degress of how I feel depending on the moment. It just caught me by surprise.

But you know what the bestest surprise would be (other than miraculously becoming pregnant)?

If some celebrities would reply to my message and say "Why yes, I'd love to!"

It'd be even better if the celebrity would say "Ya know, let me make some calls and see who else we can get on board!"

No comments: