We continue to make progress in the basement. It's slow going as those buggers are fairly resourceful, but it's going and that pleases me.
I'm pressuring my younger brother into taking Smokie. That cat can not stay in this house. I won't have Lucy hiding all day and night for fear of getting her butt kicked.
The web site has made progress and I'm excited to see the final product.
I'm still waiting on the graphic for it and the t-shirts and such. We can't really move forward with the final web site design until the graphic is done. And if we can't move forward with the final web site design, then I can't start calling local businesses for gift certificate donations as they won't have anything to see.
The full plan for The Event depends on the web site being completed.
I downloaded paintshop pro 2, but have no idea how to actually use it. I know what I'm going for with a few pictures. I just don't know how to get there. I'll figure it out, though.
I've heard back from another celebrity's something or other. This wasn't a flat out refusal so much as a "write here and tell us what you want" type of thing.
That's 2 out of about 20 or so. Not good.
I think I'm going to take my friend's suggestion of how he went about getting something like what I'm wanting. He had some success with it and it was a pretty ingenious way of getting the signatures. It'll mean a bit of expenditure on my part and that the celebrity raffle will have to be pushed back to another event, but that's fine if the end result is what I'm hoping for.
I should receive the charms I ordered within the next few days. One order shipped yesterday and I'm not sure about the other as there isn't an order status link on their site. I'm really looking forward to working on those.
Still no hits on my wedding dress. Grrrrr. I guess maybe it's just not meant to sell.
So that's where we are with the fundraising stuff.
Edit:
Today's mail brought 2 invitations to Dr Phil's show - one for his current show and one for a new show he's producing. The invitiations are for VIP seating for 3 people with free parking. To use them, you have to call in advance to reserve the seats and bring the cards with.
I'm not sure if this is exactly above and beyond any normal ticket, but it might have been useful had it had his actual signature on it.
But it's something and makes him the 3rd celebrity to respond in some fashion.
1 comment:
Sorry about your logo, Josh has been pulled in a million different directions this week. He promises to get started today :)!
Post a Comment