The wedding dress hasn't moved, so I'm trying to think of other things I can sell that would make up the rest of what we need. It's just that we don't have much, especially after all of the things I pitched from the garage. Not that I threw out anything of value, but some money is better than none.
I have a job interview next week. Yay! I hate that I have to wait a week for it, but I'm thankful to have it at all.
One of the things that concerns me about adopting is getting time off work. I'm not foolish enough to think that we'd get a placement before I find a job and most jobs won't give you time off until you've been there at least a year. And you surely don't qualify for maternity leave if you adopt.
So that'll be a dilemma we'll have to overcome. Because I refuse to bring a baby home and have it with a sitter its first few weeks. At least one of us will need to be able to be home.
I'm hoping beyond hope that whatever job I get, it'll be with a company that offers most excellent adoption benefits or will give me the flexibility to work from home when the time comes.
I'm also back to the lunch / dinner benefit thing to help raise money. That's been on my mind lately and I think I have a few good ideas on how to make it work and get people to attend.
I'll go into more detail when I have things fleshed out a bit more.
4 comments:
Maybe I'm wrong here but at all the places I've worked you at least got FMLA or something for placement of a child in your home.. I thought it was under maternity but I could be wrong.
You can take FMLA only if you've worked for the employer for at least a year. Otherwise you're on your own.
If a employer has paid maternity leave, adoption qualifies as the same. It's the law. If they don't have paid leave (maternity), then under the law you are entitled to take 8 weeks of unpaid leave under FMLA. That is what is the case at my company, however I wll be working part time from home (25% for a few weeks, then build back up to 100% and being in the office more).
Ooohhh, that I did not know. I just know normal FMLA laws because of my previous position. But then no one wanted to or tried to use FMLA for maternity leave as the employer had really good maternity benefits.
Post a Comment