Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fundraising update ...

Ok so my day quickly turned to shit. Yes, it's what I get for voicing the fact that it started out so awesomely.

But it's been somewhat salvaged.

I went to a local restaurant (that really yummy italian place I mentioned some days ago) for lunch and my friend was working. So yay for that.

After I ate, he and I were talking about our fundraising plans when one of the cooks came out and joined the conversation.

As luck would have it, he's done all sorts of fundraising for his daughter's soccer team and has even gotten places to donate food (read: for free!) for various fundraising events.

He's volunteered his services - both in calling distributors and in cooking.

How lucky can a girl get?!?

Of course I took him up on his generous offer and let him know that I will definitely be in contact.

I also received some of the charms I ordered. So yay for that too. They're absolutely adorable and I can't wait to get started on putting them together.

And I have my first order!

The cook (I just now realized I never even got his name ... woops) wants 4 wine glass charms in a soccer theme.

So even though my morning took a nosedive, lunch definately went a distance in making up for it.

No comments: