I keep coming up with things that need to be done.
The thing with fundraising is trying to keep your output minimal so you can raise as much money as possible. If you google fundraising ideas, it's like digging for a gem in the middle of a mine.
Most of the things you'll find require either a good bit of up front spending or passing around of catalogs and such. I'm not about either.
Every now and again, though, you'll find something that might work. I've found a couple more ideas that I think can be relatively painless for all involved.
I say "all" because I'm not above blackmailing my friends into helping bahahaha
Still no word - at all - from any of the celebrities I've contacted. And I didn't just go for 3 or 4. No, this girl has sent at least 30 e-mails.
If I don't get a response anytime soon, I may chuck the idea of including something celebrityish at the lunch and go with another suggestion a friend of mine made. It would just mean using that raffle at a later event and that's fine.
There are a lot of other things that need to be done and put into order as well.
Ms J has been an amazing source of information and advice and I'll never be able to thank her enough. She's given me some things to consider that hadn't really entered my brain before.
I never considered the fact that we'll both need to have physicals for our home study. Which, considering our lack of insurance at the moment, is going to be somewhat difficult. Hopefully I'll be offered the job at my interview and it'll pay enough for me to accept it, which would remove this concern.
We'll need to find some church somewhere to attend. Another thing that we'll both find rather hard to swallow. Not because we don't believe in God, but because we have issues with most organized religions and the level of hypocrosy that usually runs fairly rampant in most churches.
But that's not a discussion to have here. Believe me, you really don't want me to get started on my views on the average 'christian'.
Anyway ... finding a place we're both fairly comfortable attending will be especially important considering the agency we'll be using.
A lot to do.
On top of normal stuff. Such as the run to Wal-Mart that I really don't want to take. It's raining outside and dreary, a perfect day to stay home and vegetate.
But there are things to get (the dogs would like food, thank you very much) that need to be gotten.
Maybe I'll do the vegetate thing later.
No comments:
Post a Comment