My rant from yesterday stayed with me for a good while. I just couldn't get over the egotistical self-centeredness of it all. I'm still a bit irritated, truth be told.
Patrick and I are heading out in a bit to look at a couple of dressers. We don't have one. Nope, not one. Our clothes have been in various boxes for quite a while and we really need a dresser. I'm tired of digging through a box.
We're also going to go pick up my bowling ball this afternoon. We'll play a game or two so I can get a feel for it.
You know you're definitely turning into your parents when you're excited about owning your own bowling ball.
Another sign you're becoming your parents: you have the urge to call the realtor who handles the property across the street because the grass is almost hip high. Really. I gave calling some serious thought the other day. I was saved from this evil line of thought last night when I discovered someone had mowed it while we were out.
It's been in the low 90's the last few days and it's supposed to continue at least through part of the weekend. I feel for Hoss and Pearl, who are outside all the time now. Hoss, at least, likes to be hosed down so that's a way to cool him off. Pearl, though, hides behind her dog house. No cooling water for her.
Um ... that's it. No job yet. Hell, not even an interview yet. I'm trying to not take that as a sign that I suck.
1 comment:
It's not you... its hard as hell to get a job lately. There are so many people without a job that the pool is so much bigger. These days they can hire some one with a PHD to do an entry level job!
Post a Comment