I ended up not bowling yesterday. Well, I bowled one game before giving up. My elbow was killing me. Just absolute pain every time I threw the ball.
I was planning on not subbing at league tonight, just taking this week to rest my arm and let it heal whatever seems to be broken. But one of Patrick's team members can't bowl and he'll need a sub. I told him I'd try, but that I couldn't promise my game wouldn't suck more than it has lately.
I'm having a belated birthday lunch with my mom this afternoon. It's always hard to tell which way conversations will go with her. She and I are a lot alike in a number of ways, as are most mothers and daughters, but different in some essential ways. It's these differences that have always made our relationship fairly heated. And while we don't always butt heads, there's usually a high probability that we will.
I'm just going to hope for the best and go into it assuming we'll have a good time.
Marc has once again bailed on me. He called Saturday evening, wanting to know what we were doing Sunday - he wanted to hang out after helping his boyfriend's mom move. I told him he were meeting some people for bowling Sunday afternoon. He said he'd call me when they were done.
So when I let him know bowling was cut short, he informed me they were going to another friend's house to hang out.
I didn't reply.
And when he called, I didn't answer. The message he left said they were going to a local restaurant before heading to that person's house and wanted to see if we wanted to join them.
I didn't reply.
And when he texted me a picture of some puppies at said friend's house, I still didn't reply.
Not because I was pouting, but because it's sometimes better to just keep your mouth (or fingers, in this case) shut than risk starting WWIII.
I hate being taken for granted. And I know we all do that to our friends sometimes - you know that they're going to be there even if you show your ass. But after a while, my patience wears thin. And since this has been an ongoing thing for more than 2 months now, my patience is practically see-through.
I have a good bit of work to do today. I somewhat slacked off this weekend and there's things that need to get done around the house.
For now, though, it's coffee time.
1 comment:
It is hard when a friend takes advantage and even more difficult to figure out what to say. I agree with you, sometimes, it's just better to stay quiet.
Post a Comment