Sunday, June 29, 2008

No one knows drama like cats know drama ...

The reason I kept the cats separated the way I did was because not everyone got along.

Mackie and Smokie terrorized Lucy.

Daniel terrorized Smokie, but not Lucy because Daniel grew up with her.

So it was Smokie and Mackie downstairs, Daniel and Lucy up.

Well, with this whole basement / flea / fogger thing the last few days, I've had Smokie upstairs at random times.

Where Smokie stalks Lucy and Daniel stalks Smokie.

At some point someone will growl and hiss, which pulls Biscuit into the mix.

So it then becomes a possible cat fight being broken up by a growling, charging dog. And whoever runs is the one that gets chased.

Laverne, however, is above it all. She's hissed a few times, but she's always been the unquestioned alpha cat of the bunch and Smokie has backed down each time, closing his eyes and lowering his head in a typical act of submission.

And I'm not saying it was Smokie's doing, but, for the first time since we moved in here, there was an unrolled roll of paper towels bunched up on my kitchen floor this morning.

In other news ...

I never realized how many scams are listed as jobs. Really. I've applied for several admin assistant positions that sound legit only to get one of those "we'll send you checks, you cash them, then western union the money to another account" replies.

Uh ... yeah ... I'll get right on that.

It's frustrating.

But I'll keep plugging along. Someone somewhere will want to give me a job.

I just hope it's pretty damned soon.

No comments: