Thursday, June 26, 2008

Realistic ...

Marc and I ran to a local used bookstore so I could turn some books in for credit.

I then turned around and bought the new Deaver book and the first season of The Muppet Show on DVD (this place sells movies and music, as well as books).

My thought when I saw the DVD set?

It's the first thing I'll buy for our baby.

No, I'm not pregnant (I just started my period, if you must know).

No, I haven't even called the agency's woman for the start of our home study.

But, for the first time in a long time, I really feel solid in the thought that we'll be parents.

While holding that boxed set, it dawned on me that my mind is once again turning to getting a nursery ready and buying baby clothes and baby items.

With one major difference.

Not once did it say the word "if" while those thoughts tumbled through.

Instead, the voice thought about cleaning out the 3rd bedroom and what we would do with the queen sized mattress. It went back to the crib and dressing table set I saw in an ad while we were pregnant and where in the bedroom it’d work best. It thought about stripping the God awful flowery border and putting up something more babyish.

Because we’re going to be parents.

And if it takes almost a year? Well, it takes 9 months to make and produce one naturally. So … so what if takes a year? This would just gives us more time to get things we’ll need.

These were the thoughts running through my head as I stood in line.

All bravely started by one box set of The Muppet Show.

I'm wondering what corner my mind turned to let this happen.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great! I'm so happy for you!

lub said...

Good for you! You deserve nothing more than the very best. I am so happy that you have come to terms with what definitely will be. I'll be checking in!

Alyssa said...

I think this is an awesome place for your mind to go! I'm super excited for you and I cannot wait to hear how this unfolds!