Monday, June 30, 2008

A coindence ...

These cats will be the end of me.

As bad as I feel about Smokie being in the basement alone, he can't stay up here. He's become much more confident and comfy and the wars are becoming much more frequent.

He'll be able to come up now and again, but he can't live up here full time. Not just because I'm losing sleep over breaking up cat fights, but because Lucy can't live her life behind our couch.

Ms. J left a comment for me yesterday that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

If you've been reading, then you already know how impressed I was with the agency I contacted. Out of all the agencies I've contacted over the last couple of years, this one really stood out to me.

Turns out Ms. J used them for her own home study! Well, I'm sure the one she used is another branch of this one and not the exact same office, but still ... how odd is that?

Statistically speaking, it may not be that odd. Catholic Charities is probably a national non-profit agency with branches across the country.

What gave me the goosebumps, though, is that Ms. J is one of only two adoption bloggers I read.

And that's the statistic that had me gape mouthed last night. Out of all the agencies out there, it just so happens that the one adoption blog I've been reading for a few months used the same one that I feel so sure of.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and I'm sure some would say I'm just seeing what I want to see.

But I don't think so. For me, it was just another sign that I'm on the right path.

1 comment:

Ms. J said...

I seriously think we were meant to somehow "connect" -- do you remember a while back that I told you that it was because of your mention of having been diagnosed with MTHFR Gene that I even looked into it? And how pissed my RE was (at his staff) when he found out the test results were NOT in my chart, ordered me to repeat the test, and learned I was POSITIVE for it? And this was after 3 m/c's?! That really changed my life . . . and while we no longer want to ever get pregnant again, I am now on the right folic acid/asprin protocol that drastically cuts the chance I'd have another m/c AND will cut to nil my chances of a baby with a neural-tube disorder.

That was a "chill" moment for me ;o)