For the hell of it.
Lunch with mom was surprisingly relaxed. Really - she and I can sometimes seriously clash. She's getting older and, it seems, more and more judgemental about things and places. And hesitates less and less when it comes to (loudly) sharing her thoughts.
So I usually go prepared for anything.
Today, though, wasn't bad. We met at Red Lobster and chatted while we ate. She gave me a $50 Visa gift card with instructions to not use it for anything "practical", like groceries.
It's been several years since she gave me cash of any sort. She started giving me various gift cards after finding out I used the cash to pay bills.
So I got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed instead. Weeeee!
The cut is more of a bob than I'd like, but that's ok. It went from well below my shoulders to above them and I feel like this huge weight's been lifted. I just find shorter hair to be easier to manage, especially during the summer.
I've also managed to get the house semi-straightened up. It wouldn't pass a military inspection, but the cat pans are clean, the floors vacuumed, and the dishes cleaned up.
Which is good enough for the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment