Friday, June 27, 2008

So much accomplished ...

Thank you guys for your comments on my last post.

It's so odd to feel so ... sure. Right now I feel like most of what I'm doing is with the thought of getting ready for our home study in the back of my mind. And it all feels right in a way that I'm having trouble putting into words.

For those who have been or are going through the process, please feel free to chime in with expectations and advice. Shots and ultrasounds I'm smooth with. I've been doing those for years and have them down pat. Adoption, though, is a completely new arena for me.

We had two couches in the basement / garage that needed to be gotten rid of and they are now gone. It cost $75 to have someone come haul them off, but I consider it money well spent.

And since the things I've done to battle the flea explosion down there has been like dropping bits of sand in a bucket (I was just down there and I swear I saw teeny tiny flags declaring the land as theirs), the next step is a fogger.

All this work has made me want to start painting. And with the garage available, I have no reason to not start on the kitchen cabinets. I can take the doors off and paint them downstairs in the garage.

Which is a nice thought. As much as I hate thinking about Mackie and Wallace passing on, having the garage back to ourselves is going to be pretty decent.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I am still sorry about Wallace and Mackie, but perhaps the timing couldn't have been any better? It sounds like you've got lots of time and space to get yourself ready for the homestudy, which is so fantastic. I'm thrilled for you! Since I often think Scott and I may end up going this route, too, I am going to eagerly watch your progress to your child!

Katie said...

I am so sorry about your furbabies, Wallace and Mackie. I know it's hard to lose pets, especially when they have been like our babies.

The good news is that you are one step further to your goal to be parents. And you will be. And I will be so excited with you and for you!