Thursday, June 12, 2008

I survived another year ...

That's how I choose to look at turning almost 40. I survived another year to tell about it. It beats doing the freak out dance of 37.

I had a really good day.

Patrick and I were going to head to the bowling alley in Oak Ridge, but I wanted to look at adapter chords for the Flip Video first. When we got to WalMart, Patrick mentioned this Margarator he saw and wanted to get. He was sure it was at a local store, but wasn't sure which one.

So after realizing we already had the chord we needed (it's in disguise with another adapter, so I didn't know it'd work), we went to eyeball the margarita makers.

WalMart didn't have one. Target had two versions, one for $80 and one for $200 (I think a little man pops out of that last one and serves the drinks while rubbing your feet ... or at least there better be at that price). As a latch ditch, we hit Ross and found one. For just $50. And it was the last one they had. Score!

Bowling was fun. I actually bowled my average and that was a good thing.

But the whole time I was kind of distracted by the fact that none of my family members had called me. I'd gotten a text from Marc and from Marc's boyfriend, but no dad, mom, brother, etc ... It was really bothering me that it was already almost 2pm and no one had called.

Luckily for my dad, he called while we were on our way home.

Then it was an early dinner at Outback, my fave restaurant. I got a free dessert that Patrick and I took our time with. Not just because we were already pretty well stuffed, but because it was finally raining outside. And hard.

Then it was home to relax for a bit before Marc came over for some margaritas. I don't like margaritas, for the record. They make me vomit. Not sure why, they just do. But Patrick loves them and Marc does as well, so we had an evening of them drinking margaritas and me hitting the Cap'n Morgans and Pepsi.

I took random video moments with the Flip (have I mentioned how much I love love love that thing? Really - super easy to use and very good quality videos). Partly to show off the Margarator and how it works, partly just for an excuse to use the Flip.

I'll be working on putting them together and making a small movie / video out of the bits and pieces. I'll probably post it at some point in the next couple of days.

And now back to our regularly scheduled days.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Happy belated birthday! That flip camera sounds really cool. I can't wait to see the videos you post.

Kristen said...

Happy belated birthday! I'm sorry I missed it. XOXO