As I said in the brief side note, buying a bowling ball will not necessarily improve your game.
I tried to bowl the "right" way - find a marker, throw it straight, learn how to put some spin on it. All that good stuff.
I got the lowest scores I've had since high school. Gah.
So I bowled my normal way on the last game and hit my average. I'm thinking that, at least for now, I'll just bowl the way I bowl and enjoy the fact that my ball is more comfy than the house balls and won't have anyone else's sweaty fingers in it.
I'm waiting for the unemployment office person to call me back. I'm under the impression that if I get a 401k payout, I lose the unemployment benefits for a time as the payout is considered income. So I haven't filed for the last 2 weeks. But before I let it completely fall out, I want to make sure. Now I just need the guy to return my phone call.
Until then, though, I'm kind of stuck at the house. I don't want to be on the road and not have access to any paperwork I may need or worry about trying to read it while driving at 55 mph.
There are 2 jobs at a local college that I spent most of this morning printing and filling out paperwork for. Once I hear from the guy at the unemployment office, I'm going to head to the college and drop the applications and my resume off. The ad said by 6/22, but I want to get it there sooner rather than later.
With the weather the way it is, I'm rethinking the zoo for my birthday. As much as I want to go, I know it'll probably be too hot to enjoy it. Dernit.
I'll have to come up with an alternative plan.
1 comment:
Oh, honey, you're not kidding about the bowling ball. (Please don't mock me for the following information...) I started my bowling season with an average of 52. I got my own ball and made it up to an amazing 74!!! (Is that you laughing at me???) Although not terribly impressive, I did manage to get the official USBC patch for my league with the "Most Improved Average" embroidery on it. Sigh. I'm an embarrassment.
Post a Comment