Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No real theme ...

My hair cut? Cute! Really. I was worried it was too short or too plain (it really is a basic bob with a few layers only at the bottom), but I'm liking it more and more. Plus it helps that I got gobs of compliments at the bowling alley last night hah

Good luck to Ms Ally for her own hair cut this afternoon!

Biscuit, the smaller dog, is on my dooky list today.

Patrick sometimes falls asleep on the couch while watching tv. This is usually after I've already gone to bed. Biscuit then curls up with him and spends the night that way.

When Patrick doesn't sleep on the couch? Like last night? Biscuit decides, usually around 6 or 7ish, that someone needs to be up with her. And will sit outside our door and rhythmically scratch at it. Not a frenzied scratch, but a single scratch every couple of minutes. Sometimes she'll start this around 4am. She doesn't want out. No, she wants someone up with her.

This morning, after a 4:30am wake up call and then another one starting at 7, I wanted to turn her into a Biscuit kabob.

I applied to a handful of jobs yesterday. One I'm really hoping to at least get an interview for. I honestly feel it'd be perfect for me and I know I'd be able to bring a lot to the position. The HR person had e-mailed me yesterday morning, thanking me for my resume and asking me to go to their website and fill out their online application. Which I did right away.

I also e-mailed her back this morning, thanking her for the information and pretty much asking for an interview. Ballsy. So yeah - I want that job.

During lunch yesterday, my mom said "I have a story to tell you". Which usually means gossip or something. She caught me offguard this time, though.

So she started this story about running into this woman at her work, a woman who was getting a cart full of donated diapers (my mom works at a WalMart) for this group she works for. A group home type setting that helps pregnant teens. These teens will sometimes stay with them a few months after the baby is born and they help the new moms get onto their feet.

Some of these teens decide to put their babies up for adoption. A private adoption rather than through the state.

Being my mom, she went into detail about mine and Patrick's problems. The woman gave my mom the phone number and name of the program's director, saying to tell us to call and talk to her.

Because sometimes they do give their babies up for adoption.

Out of left field. I just kind of nodded and stood there. My mom continued - well I kept waiting for the right time because, ya know, you can sometimes be a bit touchy about it. And I finally decided there wasn't going to be a right time. So here's her number.

And handed me a scrap of paper.

I think I might call her today.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That was nice of her! Wouldn't it be strange if your Mom, who doesn't get you and you clash with all the time, ended up leading you to your family! That would be crazy! :)

Ms. J said...

You never know . . . sometimes it's a friend of a friend who knows this woman who works with the mother of this girl, yadda.

So while I know you are not pinning any hopes on this, it never hurts to network. Be it for a job or to be a parent. Wishing you the best on both fronts!

Alyssa said...

Yay for the new hair! I will admit a terrible thing about myself: when it is close to my haircut and I find out someone I know has just gotten a haircut, I get jealous. So I am jealous of you right now. I admitted it, but I still don't think that makes it okay! (And thanks for the good haircut mojo you sent my way! I'll let you know how it goes!)

As for the job hunt-go ahead and be ballsy. The worst thing that can happen is that they say no. And, quite frankly, if they say no, they are stupid. So there.

Finally, about the number from your mom...I think that's awesome. It may or may not go anywhere. We don't know what the future holds. But, I think it is so vitally important to be open to the possibilities. Good for you!