Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not coordinated at all ...

I'm a puss. I caved and called Marc last night. Gah.

He is my best friend, after all.

I spent a good chunk of this morning and early afternoon hanging out with my Godmother. Her subdivision was having a multi-home yard sale thingy, so I sat in the heat (which topped about 95 degrees) and enjoyed her company. She's such a hoot and we always have a grand time.

She, by the way, is the reason I moved to Tennessee in the first place.

I'm not sure what we're going to get into this evening. Although I know it won't be bowling. The main knuckle on my middle finger on my right hand had been sore for the better part of a week and I insisted on giving it at least a few days rest before our normal Sunday bowling. So no bowling tonight.

Speaking of heat ...

Is it hot as hell everywhere? Because it's been low - mid 90's all week and is expected to hit 97 early next week.

That sucks. Really. I've hosed the dogs down daily, sometimes more than once, and I've moved Pearl's dog house to make sure she's getting as much shade as possible, but there's only so much you can do.

Plus we're to go to the zoo for my birthday on Wednesday and it's due to be 90 that day. Maybe if we go early, before it gets that hot ... huh ... I'll have to think on it. I'm not sure either of us will be thrilled with walking around in 90 degree heat.

Rosie O'Donnell is going to be having a book signing near Atlanta on the 16th. I'm seriously thinking of making the drive down there. It would take almost 3 hours to get there, but if I can convince Marc to go with me we could do an afternoon in Atlanta type of thing. Or at least get some lunch.

Another thing for me to think about.

Tomorrow is Sunday, the busiest day for job postings. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully he still understood that it upset you that he shammed on you, though.

Hope the knuckle is better for your bowling today!

Yeah, it's hot as hell here, too. And huuuuumid! But that's what the a/c is for! :-)