Saturday, September 15, 2007

Where the buffalo roam ...

Today was House Day. I had scheduled appointments to see 2 houses - 1 this morning and 1 this afternoon.

The one we saw this morning was ... yeah no. It's an older home that's cut up really really strangely. And while strange can be workable, it had other issues. Like the 1/2 bath that's literally crammed into a closet. There's a sink and a toilet and the toilet's practically up against the sink. It has a really nice workshop in the back that I think use to be a 2 car garage and what was apparently an attached 1 car garage had been turned into a bedroom that you had to go through 2 other tiny bedrooms to get to.

So no.

This afternoon's house was me, my best friend Marc, and his new ... whatever. Patrick had some family obligations to tend to, so I was on my own. I made Marc and his new friend come with me (always take gay men shopping for clothes or homes - they're brutally honest).

With a warning of "be very very careful".

The area the 2nd house is in had bad area potential. Luckily, Marc's new whatever use to live in that area and he knew it well, including exactly how to get to the house. Which, as it turns out, isn't in the bad part of that area.

That house? I want that house.

I was in the house about 3 minutes before calling Patrick and saying "You need to come see this house". Hah. I've since called him about 5x (I'm sure I've aggravated the snot out of him) and texted once.

It, too, is cut up a bit strangely, but it works. Really really works. So much so that my brain is already arranging what room will be what.

I know - it's premature to say that as we've only looked at a few. But I want that house. I've already talked to a broker (yeah, I move fast) and about an hour after viewing it we were preapproved for a certain amount. Not as much as they're asking for the house (I'm sure we can be approved for it, but I won't give what they're asking so it's a moot point), but just a bit more than I'd like to buy it for. It'll need a new roof within a few years and that'll be my reasoning for offering about 8 grand less than they're asking for (contracted roofers are expensive).

I even already know what our payments will be.

Patrick still needs to see it, though. Even though he's already given me the go-ahead to make an offer, I want him to see it and see if he's as nuts about it as I am. Although I'm pretty sure he will be.

Which leads me to Amanda's question - if we go with this house and buy it, that bed is being sold.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I hope you have to sell the bed! Good luck!