Saturday, September 29, 2007

My brain hurts ...

I spent a good part of yesterday at my sister's.

She cries. I cry.

It's awful.

The only good news is that they have charged 3 people with my nephew's murder - 2 guys and a girl. And they're all over 18, so there's no worries any of them would be tried as juveniles. 1st degree murder and aggravated assault.

Apparently robbery was the motive, he fought back, they shot him.

I've never considered myself a vengeful type person. This time, though, I hope all 3 are beaten on a regular basis and the guys are ass raped daily. I don't want them dead. Dead is too good and too easy for them. No. I want all 3 to suffer for the rest of their lives.

I'm sure that's an ugly hope to have, but I'm really not caring.

Their arraignment will be Monday morning. The morning of my nephew's service.

In the middle of all this, we had the house inspection last night. I had made the appointment last Friday for yesterday as it has to be done within 10 days of having the agreement signed. The owner and her family refused to leave. So much so that her agent and our agent had a pretty decent back and forth over it.

So there we were, me, Patrick, the inspector, tramping through the property and home while the owner and her family hung out in various rooms or on the front porch.

I did discover that what I thought was a dieing tree in the front is actually a weeping cherry. From what our agent and the owner said, it's a seriously expensive and much sought after tree. Who knew?

I'll let y'all know how the inspection turned out. We left after 2 hours and the guy hadn't even made it upstairs yet.

Thanks for all the kind comments and thoughts. My family can definitely use your prayers and positive vibes right now.

3 comments:

Missy said...

I'm glad they found the people responsible for this. I agree that their deaths would be way too easy. I hope the trial goes well and that they spend they rest of their lives locked up away from the rest of society. You continue to be in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for everything you are going through right now.
I am definitely sending positive vibes your way.
Take care.

Katie said...

I'm still praying for you and your family, each and every day. You are such a good person and have been so good to me. I only wish that there was more that I could do for you. Take care of yourself.