Sunday, September 30, 2007

I can't muster a decent title ...

Last night my nephew's friends held a vigil at the site of his murder. My sister and the other kids were there, of course. And it was nice. One of my aunts got the ball rolling by asking people to talk about Steve, how they knew him and to tell stories about him. So people stepped up, one by one, to talk about the kind of person he was and of the things he'd done for or with them.

There were a lot of tears, but also a good bit of laughter.

I talked about his arm.

Stephen was born with part of his left arm missing - it ended not far past the elbow. When he was a toddler, he used that thing like a weapon. If you were holding him and he wanted down or was in a bad mood or irritated, he'd jab at your chest or throat with it. I always had a decent sized bruise on my chest from all the abuse hah

From the number of people there and the stories they told, it was obvious he meant a lot to many.

1 more day until we find out if this cycle worked or if it's a bust. I go in for the blood test tomorrow morning.

I have no idea about it. I'm still cramping on and off, not bad but it's there. I'm still bloated a bit and can still feel my ovaries if I stretch or twist and sometimes even if I don't. I'm tired a lot, but that can easily be due to the emotional trainwreck that's been my nephew's murder. My breasts aren't all that tender, either. If they were, I'd probably feel more confident.

I haven't poas (peed on a stick), though, and I'm not going to. I'll wait for the beta tomorrow. Between the arraignment and Stephen's service, I'll already be in the 'right' frame of mind if it's negative.

And if it's positive, it'll be a small ray of sunshine on what'll probably be the hardest day of my life thus far.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I CANNOT believe that you haven't POAS! I think it probably has to do with everything else that you are going through right now. But still, I am in awe. I will be waiting on pins and needles for your post tomorrow! Good luck, Sweetie, I really hope that this is it for you!

Alyssa said...

I'm with Katie-I am humbled and awed by your will power to avoid POAS!!! Whew-you are a better woman than I am, clearly! I can't wait to hear your news and I'm hoping it is good!

On a sad note, I am still so sorry about your nephew and how hard this has been on you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.