Thursday, September 13, 2007

Homely ramblings ...

The House is being sold. To Patrick's best friend - the one I mentioned a few days ago.

But it's ok. We'll come out of it with a little bit of money and that's all I wanted. Between the bit of extra money and what I can take from my 401K, we'll have something to put down on another house. Not a lot, but some.

So with that in mind, Patrick and I have been looking at houses.

I found 1 that I really wanted to see - it already has a sale pending. A friend brought me a flyer for another - there's one sale pending and someone else in line in case the first one falls through.

I found another, an absolutely beautiful Victorian what was - weirdly enough - well within our price range and didn't need any extra work. Turns out it's in Youdon'twanttolivethereville. Which explained the price tag.

Argh.

I started out looking only at 3 bed / 2 bath homes. And then realized that most of those are at the top of our price range, unless they need work and I'm not going there. The 1 house I really wanted to see has set a standard, though, and it's only 3 bed / 1 bath. But it's charming. Really really charming.

Which has turned on my charm-o-meter. I'm drawn far more to houses with some character over the cookie-cutter styles most homes fall into, even if they don't have exactly the features I'd like them to.

And it's making the house hunting a bit more challenging. I prefer hardwood floors and arched doorways. Which is hard to find, but not impossible. You just have to keep looking.

Hence the burn out. But we do need to make arrangements to at least go look at a few.

In other news -

Patrick was already taking care of Elvira's (the cat) stuff when I got home. So that was one emotional meltdown prevented.

Even though I'm on lupron, I still worry I'm going to unexpectedly ovulate on my own. I know my RE has said that as long as I'm taking any, I won't. I know this. But since the spontaneous ovulation that caused us to miss a cycle last November, I'm paranoid.

As long as all the eggs are still there tomorrow, I'll be good.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congrats on the house being sold! At least now you can look for your dream home without worrying about getting stuck with 2 payments.

I am drawn to houses with character too. I love the little townhomes in Baltimore City - if it weren't for the crime. I like the exposed brick inside and hardwoods.

On the TTC front, I hope that eggie hangs tight for you. Wishing you lots of luck!