The realtor finally called and we were able to get in for a 4pm viewing.
Except no one notified the owner. Argh. I felt so badly - the owner and her daughter both were lieing down when we got there.
Anyway - we were early and drove around the neighborhood some. I wanted Patrick to see how it wasn't the shithole he feared it was. Plus it's about 5 minutes from an area we were looking into and that was a plus.
When we pulled up to the house, the realtor was waiting outside. And that's when we discovered the family didn't even know we were coming. I apologized lots even though, as the owner's daugher pointed out, it wasn't our fault. But they were happy to let us take a tour.
Patrick owns his own sawmill. He's made furniture for 2/3 of his life. And when he started commenting on the amazing plasterwork on the high ceiling and the details on the mantel in the sitting room's fireplace, I knew he was a goner. And we were still in the first room.
We walked through the room currently used as a tv room and the bathroom, then into the dining room. The walls are original plaster and there are cracks in some places. He said it's just from the house settling and is normal with plaster walls - neither the molding in the corners nor the corners themselves are separating, which would indicate a serious problem with the foundation. But then an inspector would discover it if it were.
By the time we trekked through the rest of the downstairs and the backyard and then worked our way back inside and upstairs, he was talking about making the walk-in attic storage into a smallish office space.
We headed back outside so he could peek at the a/c unit, roofing on that side, and the exterior, and started talking colors. The outside needs to be painted (it's not vinyl siding) and we both commented how we'd love to make it look the Victorian style it really is.
On the way to dinner, we talked room placement.
We're going to make an offer.
Tomorrow is IUI day. Thanks for the well wishes and good lucks. If we can't still be pregnant during our anniversary, maybe we can at least get that way.
3 comments:
Call me when you get a few free... I'd love to hear about the house and location.
Found this link too. Didn't know if you had read on any of this, but I am going to be doing further research into it. My PCOS is completely out of control worse than it's ever been in my life. Anything is worth looking into at this point for me.
http://www.soulcysters.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/001051.html
That freakin rocks that he loves the house!!!! And for that matter, from how you've described it, I think I'm in love! I adore old plaster & lath walls!
Good luck with getting the house! And good luck with the IUI!!!!
Post a Comment