Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Like greased lightning ...

This morning's appointment went very well.

Both ovaries are lined with eggs and no cysts. Yay!

The surprise was the planned speed of this cycle. I'm normally a 12 - 13 dayer. This cycle, though, she's aiming for about 7.

So it's 3 vials repronex tonight, Thursday, Friday (Friday I drop to 2.5 of lupron daily instead of the 5 I'm on now), Saturday, and Sunday. Monday I bring it down to 2 vials and then go in Tuesday for another ultrasound. She expects me to be ready for the trigger shot on Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

But - the last cycle was the same goal and my ovaries sat there like lumps until around day 7 or 8. That was the ultrasound that contained the words "oh my God" when what seemed to be a disappointing cycle turned into 6 large follicles. And a "we need to talk about the risk of multiples" chat (along with our first BFP).

We'll see. I'm just glad to be finally starting again.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the good news from your appointment! It's always such a relief to hear that all is going so well. (At least it is for me-I usually expect the worst!) I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything continues to go well for you!

Kristen said...

Great news! Grow, follies, grow!