Friday, September 14, 2007

Ovaries, Ovaries ... how art thou ovaries?

Our appointment went as I expected.

God I'm good. hah.

I have 4 eggs, with a possible 5th, on my left and 2, with a possible 3rd, on my right. Which is backwards. My right ovary, as big a pain in the ass as it is, is usually the superstar of the cycle while my left sits back and lets its sister do all the hard work. The left is usually only good for 2 or 3 while the right is kickin out 5 - 7 on average.

I'm thinking the right ovary is still hung over from all the partying it did with that cyst.

The game plan is 2 more vials of repronex tonight, lupron tonight, trigger tomorrow (and sex ... always sex on trigger day w00t), IUI on Monday, and then start the PIO and heparin shots Tuesday.

I also checked to make sure I can get those chewy calcium supplements. Calcium was the only vitamin I struggled to get enough of when we were pregnant earlier this year. I don't like milk, so I had to get it another way and it was hard. The container on the chewy supplements said to check with your doc if you're on any type of blood thinner so I wanted to make sure it was ok since I'll be on the heparin. And it is. So yay for that.

I do feel better after the appointment this morning. I just wasn't feeling it with this cycle and I feel a bit better. I don't know if it's the lupron or other stresses that's making me all blah ... but blah is the best sum of how I've felt the last few weeks. But now I'm starting to get excited.

And terrified. Heavy on the terrified.

Monday is also our 2 year wedding anniversary. I'm trying like hell to stay away from the thought of - how extra awesome would it be to get pregnant from this cycle??? But I'm generally a cheesey kind of gal and it'll be in the back of my mind anyway.

We've finally gotten some rain and it's been raining non-stop. I stopped at a couple stores on the way home to pick up some items for dinner (I'm going to make pot roast with mushroom soup gravy .... one of my faves) and took a few extra seconds to splash around in the parking lot puddles.

Sure the water's dirty, but who cares? It was fun and I needed some fun.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Woot! Awesome follies you have there. Sounds super promising!

Happy anniversary too, BTW! I hope DH shows you a good time :)

Alyssa said...

I am wishing you the absolute best of luck on this cycle! I'm a cheesy romantic at heart, too, so I think it's good luck that your wedding anniversary is coming up. I'm a huge believer in positive energy, so I'll send bunches of it your way!

Amanda said...

The follies sound like they're doing really well! You're in my prayers for you IUI!

I love the idea of splashing in puddles. Nice stress reliever!!