Sunday, September 23, 2007

From my lips to your ears ...

First off ...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm always amazed at the amount of support given without any thought to judgement or 'yeah but's. It just sucks there are so many of us out there.

I have had a few comments from people with private profiles and blogs. The comments are always welcome (of course), but I'd like to visit you too. Please add me so I can give you the same kind of support you offer to me.

And on to other stuff ...

Yesterday morning I completely forgot my heparin shot until 7:50am. And since I normally take it at 6:30 (am & pm), I was all ... aaaaahhhh! So this morning I shot awake, positive I'd overslept - and it was 5:50.

Better up early than late.

My RE has pointed out (a few times, actually) that I'm a bit strange when it comes to the shots. The repronex bothers the fuck out of me. It's caustic and can sometimes really burn. I hate those shots.

The PIO, though, doesn't bother me. It takes longer to give the shot since the oil is much thicker than just liquid, but it's generally fine.

Apparently I'm backwards. Everyone complains about the PIO way more than their IF meds.

Ah well ... I prefer to say 'unique' over strange.

So today my goal is to have a better day than yesterday.

I wish the same for everyone.

3 comments:

Doughnut said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I've been scanning over your blog here and am sorry you are going through the infertility stuggles. I don't know where you give yourself shots (like in the abdomen) but if its there, you have all my sympathies cuz it likely stings and bruises. I shutter to think how long you have been doing this as it sounds like more than just a few years (My guess). And what has been so apparent to me when reading blogs like yours (which I find sad, yet full of hope) is not the physical pain you endure but the emotional roller coaster you are on. The depths of despair when nothing happens or worse - a miscarriage and then to pick yourselves up afterwards and try again. The amount of "hope" you have to continue speaks volumes of people like yourself who desire so much to have a child. It should make all people pause and not take for granted the ability to reproduce.

Nice song you have on utube too. I had not heard it before. Very appropriate for your blog.

I will do some reading on your blog and comment from time to time if you don't mind. Sounds like things are going better for you today than yesterday. A good way to start out the week.

BTW isn't heparin a blood thinner? Are you having problems with clotting? If you are taking that, then I know your belly area looks bruised up. Those babies (no pun intended) can hurt like hell for about 10 minutes after the shot - NOT FUN! I am cringing here. I hate needles too!

A'Dell said...

I didn't even know my profile was locked down - oops! It's available for public clicking through now.

Katie said...

I am glad today is a better day. I have been sending lots of positive thoughts your way.