I finally got a call from our realtor around 1 yesterday. He wanted to let me know the seller was with her agent and they were working through our counter.
There's a tiny fish pond and pump outside the kitchen window. The seller wanted to know if we'd care if she took the fish and the pump. Our realtor told the agent that it doesn't add or subtract any monetary value to the property and was sure we wouldn't care either way.
It wasn't about the money. The woman was afraid we wouldn't take care of the fish.
Yeah.
He told her it'd be fine - if she leaves the fish, he's sure we'd take care of them. If she doesn't, then that was ok too. Which was pretty much my response.
Which had me wondering if she was goingto back out completely. I suddenly became nervous that if she was that worried about some fish, she was going to freak out about something else and back out of the contract completely.
At just before 4, he called me back to let me know they'd agreed to our counter. Except they had to file their own counter so they could add that the agents had agreed to lessen their commission and to reiterate the closing will be on or before Nov 1 (it comes out better for us if we close the last day of October).
So ... the bidding back and forth is finished. The contract is signed and we're now going to prepare to close in 37 days.
I'm beyond excited. We're finally going to have our own place and it's going to be a damned nice one with lots of character and charm.
And she's leaving the fish and pump.
I'm not feeling this cycle. Technically I never do, but still ... each of our bodies give signs of certain times in a cycle.
One of the ways I can tell when my period is approaching is that my nipples suddenly start to get really itchy. Don't know why, but they do. Last night it was like ... let the itching begin!
And I'm really not that bloated anymore. Sure, button-up pants are still out as my belly is a freakin war zone and painful right now but that's really the main reason.
When we had our positive in February, I could barely wear my jeans for more than 10 minutes without wanting to cry. And that was the only cycle where my ovaries were still swollen 10 days past the iui (10dpiui). Now? Eh ... not so much. And we're only 5 days past it.
I've decided, though, to let God handle it.
I'm not a religious person. As a matter of fact, I've always believed that religions (all of them) have it wrong. But I've always believed there is a God. I just think all the rules and regulations and do this / don't do that's and, yes, even hell are more man-made things than anything. The goal should be to live your life the best you can, learn as much about yourself and others as possible, and treat people with kindness, dignity, and respect.
Pretty much the same things any good father would want for his children.
And just as sometimes your parents say "Don't stress it. Let me worry about that", it's good to sometimes ask God to do the worrying for you. Do I believe God will make us pregnant "when the time is right" or "if it's His will"? No. I believe that it will or won't happen on its own. But God will be there for me to cry to or celebrate with whatever the outcome.
So I'm going to try my best (because I'm a total control freak) to let God stress over it for me.
3 comments:
Hey you! I've been a baddddd blogging buddy but it's good to see you are still posting. Good luck with the house, I bet it would be nice to have your own place.
We have the same thoughts on religion. I don't think any one religion has it right but I do think we should treat others with kindness and respect.
You have a good attitude towards getting pregnant. It's good to see you still carry a positive attitude. ;)
Yay! I am so glad that the house is finally all sorted out. That is terribly exciting!
Why is it that all the Type A's seem to be the infertiles? Doesn't God know that we just can't handle that?
(I guess the flip side is that if we weren't Type A's then we wouldn't care and fight to have our children so much. Tricky, tricky.)
Congrats on deciding to move the obsessing off of your plate. It was the best thing I ever did.
Congrats on the house! I hope everything continues to go as planned. Your new house sounds so full of character!! Yay!!
Yeah, it's hard to handle everything when it's not in our control. Sometimes it's best to hand it over and let God do it. But I'm still praying that it works out!!
Post a Comment