Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No news ...

We're still waiting, but I just had to share this.

When I saw the house on Saturday and then took Patrick to see it on Sunday, we were met by an associate of the listing agent.

On Saturday I explained to the gentleman that we were just looking at different houses and that we hadn't even been approved for financing yet, and that it'd probably be a week or two before we were in any position to make an offer. And because I figured it'd be another week or two and because he said the house had only been on the market a couple of weeks (we learned last night it'd actually been on the market for 38 days), I asked that he let me know if a contract is placed on it so we wouldn't be spinning our heels.

Well ...

Today I received a voice mail from this gentleman informing me that an offer was made on the house and he wanted to check with me before showing the offer to the seller.

... are you seeing where this is going?

He said to call him quickly and he could help me get fast financing and get the paperwork together real quick to make an offer of my own.

I laughed. Out loud.

The man was talking about our offer!

I figure it went something like this ...

Listing agent - oh, we have an offer but it's not exactly what we'd hoped.

Genius agent - Wait! I know of someone who might want to put an offer in and maybe we can get more! Let me call her!

Genius agent makes the call and leaves a message.

I called our realtor and he's going to call the Genius.

1 comment:

lub said...

How exciting! I hope it works out.