Thursday, September 6, 2007

Growing like weeds ... maybe ...

2 nights into the repronex and I want to feel something.

My ovary may twinge, but I know it's had a rough month with a huge cyst attached to it. So no, the twinge isn't a super-follie sprouting up no matter how much I want it to be.

It's crazy how we do this to ourselves.

My husband's given me the shots the last 2 nights, something neither of us thought he'd actually be able to do hah They weren't any worse than normal and I know he's relieved (so is my hind end, I might add).

I'm still trying to swallow the fact that my RE expects the trigger to be next Wednesday. That just kills me. Especially since I ordered 32 vials and 8 days of shots will still leave me with $100 worth of meds (if you're not ordering from ivfmeds.com, you're paying way too much for your drugs). But it's better to have too much than too little.

Besides - the last time she expected to do a 7 - 8 day cycle, the follicles didn't really hit the roof til day 10 anyway. It was a slow start that had us both thinking we'd only have maybe 2 good follicles to work with by day 7. 2 days later I was getting an "oh my God" and a speech about the risk of multiple multiples.

So we'll see.

But it does have me wondering - I've seen lots of posts about RE's cancelling cycles due to too many follicles. How many is too many? I normally run anywhere from 5 - 7 mature follies and have never had a cycle cancelled because of it (hence the speech about needing to give things some thought if too many take ... bahaha silly doctor). But I see posts from women who've had iui cycles cancelled with just 3 follicles.

So how many does your RE say is too many for an iui cycle?

3 comments:

Katie said...

My RE cancels for more than 10 at greater than 17 mm.


And you could always sell your leftover meds on Craig's List! No, seriously, I read about people selling and buying on that all of the time. Hopefully, you can sell it all soon and throw in the needles for free! :)

Anonymous said...

I had somewhere around 12 follicles, and they didn't cancel.

Wishing you the best!!

crazymelvis said...

I had 6 dominant the last time after 8 days of Menopur and my RE still triggered me. She just asks me if I agree to reduce.

Barging in from the RESOLVE board. . .