Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What I'm doing with my tomorrow ...

It's my first day on the unemployment line.

Patrick was great last night. Seriously stressed, but reminding me I'm not to blame. Because I'm not. He's been with me every day and he's seen time and again how agitated and stressed and unhappy I've been.

So when a friend of ours invited us to a local bar for a few beers, we headed out. At 9:40 pm. With no "but I have to work tomorrow" concerns. Although we only stayed about an hour.

This morning I was up at my normal time. Made coffee and hung out on the couch for bit before logging onto the computer.

Then I tossed Biscuit into the car and took her to the vet's for her yearly shots and a nail clipping. Which is something I probably wouldn't have done had I just taken a normal day off. I wouldn't have felt like running around knowing I'd have to get back into the grind tomorrow.

But I don't.

I've gotten a few e-mails from co-workers expressing their fury. Which is nice. It feels good to know a handful of people are pretty indignant over my being fired. It helps me keep in mind that this really wasn't my doing.

I'm trying not to be bitter or angry. I have every right to be, but I'm really trying to think positively. I'm lucky that I don't have to run out and take the first job offered to me. And maybe that means I'll find something better with a manager that recognizes and appreciates the work I do.

Which would so rock.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

Hang in there - enjoy this time off. it's so hard to fight with bitter and anger. They are intimidating