I didn't hear from the rep at the headhunting agency yesterday, so I'm going to call her today. I took their online tests, which were rather frustrating. There's more than one way to do some steps, but if you didn't do it the way the test was programmed for it was counted off. They sent me a survey with questions about the interview / testing process and I made note of the issues I encountered. I also made sure to tell them that I became so frustrated with the Power Point exam that I seriously considered not finishing it before I was even half way through.
Although it was good to see my typing skills have gone from 77wpm to 82. Go happy dancing fingers.
I did hear from another agency, though. I had apparently submitted my resume online for a customer care manager position that they forwarded to the company (I applied to that one early on). They called me late afternoon yesterday to ask if I have or am in the process of getting a bachelor's degree. The company was really interested in interviewing me, but wanted to know the answer to that question.
Um ... no. I be unedumicated. I don't have, nor am I seeking, a bachelor's degree. But I'll still apply if all other criteria match, knowing that sometimes experience trumps schooling. So it's not suprising that I threw my hat into the ring after reading the description.
The lady said she'd pass the information on and see if they were still interested. I haven't heard back from her yet, but it may be a day or two. Or I may not hear from her at all. Some companies are sticklers like that.
Which is just as well. After I hung up, I sat here for a few minutes wondering if it was good news. It's good news that my resume impressed them for a managerial position. But I don't know that I want to step out of the pan and straight into the fire with another customer service position, albeit a much higher one.
I went to this last night with Marc and a few other friends. It was crowded as fuck, so the people watching was fun. Otherwise, it was ... eh ... But I looked cute. I wore one of the newer tops I bought a couple weekends ago with a pair of denim capri pants and sandals. I ran into one of the girls I use to work with and she said "You look hot! What happened?" bahahaha I don't wear cleavage showing shirts to work, that's what happened.
Oh and I went to my cable bill online this morning and the new bill was only $70.70 after taxes and all. Yay! That is so much better than the $100 I was looking at before.
2 comments:
Oh lots of prospects. Hang in there
So if I give you my cable company's number and my account number...
I hope you get some good job bites soon!!
Post a Comment