Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Getting dressed was the right thing to do ...

Day 2 and I'm already going bonkers.

I think if this were a vacation, I'd be reveling in it. I would be lazy and enjoy the boredom. Instead, I want out of the house.

But everyone I know is working. Damned workaholics.

I've forwarded my resume to a handful of places over the last two days. Ideally, I will be offered something relatively soonish but be able to start in a couple of weeks. Then at least I think I'd feel like it's ok - I can take a couple of weeks and still know there's a job at the end of the tunnel.

I realized this morning that I'm really not stressed out. Sure it sucks being let go and, technically, unemployed. But I no longer wake up feeling sick to my stomach at the thought of going into the office. And that was an every day thing.

I'm also really trying to looking at this like the door closes / window opens scenerio. I was miserable in that job. I hated going in and I hated never being sure if I was going to be met with praise or criticism. And I hated the way I was treated with a complete lack of respect most times.

This will give me a chance to find something I'm truly qualified for. I need to keep in mind that I have a serious amount of experience and ability and that I deserve to be treated with the level of respect that reflects it.

Until then, I'll continue to hit the end of the internet (because I truly believe I found it earlier this morning) and try to enjoy this week off.

1 comment:

Missy said...

What a great attitude to have. I couldn't agree with you more. The door closes and a window opens. I think that this had to happen so that you'd find something that is much better for you on every single level: physically, emotionally, spiritually, and professionally.