Thursday, April 3, 2008

Signing a yearbook ...

I was able to pick up my bonus check and the last of my things last night. And that's when it really hit me, I think, that I no longer worked there and would no longer be seeing most of the faces I've eyeballed daily for almost 5 years. I almost cried. Really. I came thisclose.

So I thought I'd do the cheesey thing and give a few shout-outs ...

Josh H - You drove me bonkers, but in a way that always reminded me of a little brother. I spent a good part of my time wanting to thunk you in the back of the head (believe me folks, he deserved it), but you know that already. I didn't share any of my work frustration with you, but we go back from before I took the position so I wanted to give you a shout-out too. And it's exciting to see you and Jen are starting the road through IF. Know you have a shoulder if you need it.

Gail - Yet another underappreciated fount of information and ability, as well as a damned good venting buddy. You and your man need to come over and we'll throw several back. I hope you already know what you mean to me and that I don't have to expound on it here. Go Tony!

Tiff - Ya whore. I love you more than my luggage. And now that I'm not a supervisor there, we can start hanging out again. Yay!

Jerry - You now know more about a woman's body than you probably ever wanted to. Thank you for never telling me to shut the fuck up or to stop talking about my ovaries. You were a sounding board for all sorts of gripes and bitches and you rarely flinched. Your level of patience is astounding. And I really am excited for you and your wife. Well, for your wife. You I laugh at bahahaha And don't worry, I'll continue to keep you updated on all things celebrity.

T - You kept me from quitting more than a few times and you made me laugh when all I wanted to do was throw things. Your support and cool-headedness over the last year made the unbearable bearable. I'll miss you horribly. Unless, that is, you come over for a visit. We do have some sort of game box cube atari thing, ya know.

John B (in IT) - You really were my favorite IT guy. You helped me pull off the best ... prank ... ever ... and rarely bitched at me for submitting stupid tickets or breaking shit. Two things I did on a regular basis.

Um ... that's it. Not that many, eh? Well, I keep a small circle.

Last night was strange, though. The bonus checks arrived late and I arranged to have mine left with T so I could swing by and pick it up without a bunch of lookyloos. The last of my personal things were supposed to be left up front, but they weren't. They were left at my old desk, which is stupid and kind of irritating. Had I come in the afternoon like I originally planned, I would have had to wait for them to go get it and risk getting bombarded with a bunch of questions.

But T was awesome in getting it for me (with minimal bitching, I might add hah) so I wouldn't have to go back.

So that's that then. With my bonus check in my purse and my personal things in my van, my only reason to return would be personal - such as meeting someone for lunch or taking Biscuit to the dog park that's across the street.

No, letting air out of tires isn't a part of that. Unless it's Josh's car. In which case I'm not making any promises.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I miss you already. When you took the position things had to change between us, well, besides what we did in my bedroom! HA! Even though you are gone it will be nice to be able to pick up where we left off. We will get together soon for lunch or what not. Love you like a fat kid loves cake! Tiff

Anonymous said...

Oh and yeah...I am so not logging in. It will be anonymous from now on. I just made an account for you and now it is not necessary for me to have one.. GO MY SPACE! HA!