Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A day in pictures ...

After months of promising pictures, I finally have them. My husband, the genius that he is, handed me some sort of cord thingy that I plug one end into a usb port and the other into my camera and it treats the camera as another hard drive.

So I have pictures. You lucky dogs, you.

Edit: This is going to seem to end rather abruptly. But blogspot is giving me fits with the text under the last picture. So I deleted it. Tempertantrumish? Yes, probably. But I'm over messing with it.

And on with the show ...


We'll start from the beginning ...


This is the front of our house, taken from the driveway. We both really want to dig up a stump that's currently in the middle of the yard and plant a shade tree.

















Here's that $3 couch I was bragging about!
















Ms. Biscuit. Isn't she cute?? The dirty towel next to her is reserved for muddy doggy paws. When it's rainy or muddy outside, I put a towel by the door so she walks across it first. It beats my having to wipe her paws for her.















This is Daniel, one of our cats. He's huge. And a pain in the butt. But he's Biscuit's best friend and the only cat that will play with her.

















This is Hoss, our American Bulldog. He's a big lug at about 120lbs. That's his kennel and dog house in the background, but he gets to run loose in the yard a good bit.

















This is the view of our backyard from the deck. That tree right there against the deck? That's the weeping pussywillow I mentioned. Yeah. It's starting to look better, but is still pretty gangly.















Here's the Japanese Maple. It's absolutely gorgeous, so I wanted to throw it in there.
















Here's the view of the back of our house. I just turned around where I was standing from the last picture of the Japanese Maple and took one of the back. That's Hoss laying by the back door. The picture right below it is the view of the rest of our yard from that same spot.

















Here's my best friend, Marc. Notice the vodka bottle. Try not to notice the ugly paint color on the cabinets. Those are so being repainted.

3 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

WOW - so pretty and great $3 couch!

Alyssa said...

Love the house pictures! Thanks for sharing!! Your backyard is gorgeous and I so agree with fertilized-your couch was a complete bargain!

Missy said...

Great pictures! Biscuit is adorable.