My final pay check was to be deposited last night. And I was stressing it - I was worried they'd put my pay and my vacation time all on the same check and I'd get knocked cross-eyed by the tax hit. I was so worried that I even had a dream about it last night. Yeah ... that worried.
When I checked my account this morning, there were 2 deposits last night and neither one made complete sense to me. So of course I thought maybe something was wrong and one was that stimulus package payment (even though I'm not due to get that until the end of this week) and put in a call to the payroll person.
Turns out she did exactly what I had asked her to do - she processed my final pay check and my vacation time on separate checks. Score! This is huge because I had over 100 hours of vacation time saved up - we're talking just over $1800 worth of time.
So yay! I sent the payroll person an e-card to thank her.
In sucky news, Patrick is going to have to start working evenings for at least the next month. Boo hiss! The poor guy is not a night person and I have no doubt the change is going to be super hard for him. Not to mention how much I'll miss his face in the evenings. But he definitely has the worst part of that. Not because my face is prettier, but because he'll be the one working evenings.
And now I'm off to get dressed and do some grocery shopping.
No comments:
Post a Comment