Thursday, April 24, 2008

Scoooooore!

The ssscat cat repellent I bought yesterday is gold.

After setting the unit up, Daniel approached it a few times. He would stretch his body completely out, sticking his neck out as far as it would go. Low the ground, he practically crawled to it.

And promptly did a flip and ran down the stairs.

When he comes into this room, where the cat boxes are, he hugs the door frame both in and out.

I couldn't tell how effective it'd be if he went to the bedroom door, though, because he was so preoccupied with the unit that he never even tried to get to the bedroom door.

But he's so far avoiding that whole corner completely. Which is exactly what I was wanting.

It did go off early early this morning sometime (it was still dark out). Which may have been a cat or it may have been Biscuit. Sometimes she needs out at o'dark:30 and will whine and scratch at our bedroom door. But since it went off just the one time and I didn't hear anything else, I didn't stress it.

Last night was the first full night's sleep I've gotten in several days. There was no chasing a cat down the stairs 3 or 4 times in the middle of the night. There was no growing frustration with a cat I love dearly. There were no horrible thoughts about ending his little life with a rusty cheese spreader.

It was nice. It was very very nice.

No comments: