Well ... comcast is offering cable & internet for $59.99 a year. Using that info, I was able to get our price dropped to $64 - two dollars less than what it was when I first signed up in November. But only for 6 months.
I know it's $5 more a month over Comcast, but I hate the thought of cancelling & starting up new service. Especially when the new service will have their own activation charges that'll probably make up for the difference.
So in 6 months I'll call and go through the same thing again.
The job search is still going. I went through the Sunday jobs, but there wasn't anything I either can't do or hadn't already applied for.
Tomorrow I have a date with staffing agencies.
I'm trying not to feel desperate. I know I have a bit more time before that kicks in, so I'm trying to stay relaxed and trying to find a good fit - not just take a job to have a job and, dear God, not in customer service.
But I have to keep reminding myself it's just now only been a week and that I still have 2 full pay checks and my vacation balance (just over 106 hours of vacation) coming to me.
Plus I feel guilty for not working. Not because I was fired, but because I'm not working while Patrick's getting up every morning and going in.
It's weird. I feel like I should apologize daily. Not because of anything he's said or done. It's just this thing that makes me want to say "I love you. I'm sorry. Have a good day" or something as he walks out the door.
Hopefully, though, I'll find something awesomish soon and it won't be a concern anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment