The cookout was a high success.
Afraid we wouldn't have enough food, Patrick ran out and picked up more salmon and talapia, along with some veggies to put on skewers with some of the shrimp.
I did a good bit of cleaning and the house smelled fresh and clean. Go go gadget Pinesol and carpet fresh.
There wasn't a big crowd - a total of 8 people, including Patrick and myself. As usually happens, we had way more food than belly room. We grilled and served the skewers first, then followed it up with the fish, potatoes, corn on the cob, and the boiled shrimp. It was all way yummy.
Add to that the bevy of adult drinks and everyone had a most excellent time.
Except for Hoss, who had to stay in his kennel the whole afternoon and evening. He was not a happy camper.
Today he's full of all that unspent energy and has already shown his ass, which has caused him to get locked up again. He's currently barking his displeasure at the world.
I did do the smart thing and loaded the dishwasher right after everyone ate and ran it last night. All that's left to do is empty it and reload and run again and the kitchen will be clean.
And since we over-bought on the fish, I do believe I'll be firing up the grill again for lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment