Tuesday, April 22, 2008

He would make a nice fur hat ...

I'm tired this morning. I didn't sleep all that well.

I had a hard time getting to sleep, but Daniel was the main reason for my lack of sleep. He still has his claws and has taken to tearing the carpet up at our bedroom door, trying to dig his way into our room. I laid a hand towel down that we close the door over, but that hasn't helped. He either claws at the towel or he'll move it and continue digging in that corner, ruining the carpet there even further.

I've also sprayed it with Bitter Apple, thinking it'd deter him. Nope.

Last night I was up probably 3 different times. I finally flung him into another bedroom and closed him in there.

So this morning I am trekking my happy ass over to the pet store to find something more effective. I know what I want, I just don't know how much it is.

The final solution will be to have him declawed, which I really don't want to have to do. But I can't have him doing what he's doing.

This morning I'm sucking down coffee like it's life's blood. Once I have another cup in me, I'll head out.

Edit: I picked up some of those sticky sheets you can put on furniture to deter scratching. He's checked it out a few times, like he is right now. He keeps tapping at it, so we'll see.

No comments: