Monday, April 7, 2008

A better update ...

I've decided that cable companies are legalized scam runners.

Our cable company decided to raise our rates after 2 months of service. Our $64 bill jumped to $98. Nuh. Not happening. I e-mailed - twice - and was promised a call that I never received. Today I called them and discovered that the rate only jumped $10, but the HBO 'promo' I was given was good for just 2 months, adding another $16.

It wasn't a promo. Honest. Assholes.

So I'm on the hunt as this heifer can't afford the new cost even with a job.

As nice as the weather has been (it's in the low 70's), I've discovered that leaving our windows open isn't all that desirable. Biscuit hears things through the open front windows and barks. And barks. And races around and barks some more.

At cars, kids, other dogs barking in the distance. She should be happy I'm not a dog beater.

The weeping pussy willow in our yard has hit its awkward teen stage. Ok, it's flat out ugly. The pretty, puffy pods are all discolored and starting to drop off while the leaves start to bloom. But the leaves aren't exactly taking over - they're itty bitty and you can't really see them yet unless you're up close. So the tree looks diseased with these discolored no longer fluffy pod things dotted throughout the branches.

It's sad to say, but Patrick and I briefly talked about replacing it with a miniature cherry tree.

Yeah. It's that ugly looking right now.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, cable companies. And cell phone companies. I just threaten to leave, especially with the cable company, as they don't have you on a contract and Direct TV is so much cheaper, they lose people all the time. Honestly, we probably wouldn't switch, because we don't want a dish on our house and because we have no problems with our current service, but THEY don't need to know that!