I decided to give this guy a shower:

Some people take their dogs to groomers, some take showers with their dogs, and others give their dogs baths in the tub (like I do with Biscuit).
But Hoss is a hose dog. He became too big to carry into a tub by the time he was 6 months old, so he started getting his baths in the yard, with a garden hose. And he loves it. Don't think he runs and whines and has to be kept on a leash. Not this dog.
The excitement starts when the hose is brought out.
It's been a while (dog was super stinky) and he was so excited that he wanted to help me unravel the hose. When everything was attached, I sprayed some water and he jumped around like a mad man. I generally spray water and let him run back and forth in front of it. When I grabbed the shampoo, he stood completely still and let me scrub him down. Then there was more jumping and running while the shampoo sat and he chased more water. Then it was hose down time to rinse him off.
It's hard to stay all glum and mopey when you have a very excited, happy dog running around.
When Patrick got home from work, I made some crab legs that he got on sale (they were frozen and seriously discounted) and that I insisted we withhold from the cook-out. Yes, it was completely 100% selfish of me. But I wanted them, damn it. So we had a way yummy dinner of crab legs and vegetables.
Plus it helped that I talked to Patrick a bit about how I was feeling. I'm not good at that, the whole talk about your feelings thing. But it's something that needs to be done before I blow a gasket. So he asked (unfortunately, I usually need to be asked) and I answered and he was super supportive.
Which made me feel better. I needed the reminder.
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good talk with The Man. Sometimes I just blow up, and I have been trying to do better about explaining where that "meltdown" is coming from.
And you're posts about the cookout have been making me yearn for some grilling at our house, mmmm ;o)
I'm glad your feeling better today. The dog bathing process sounds like so much fun.
Post a Comment