Thanks for the well wishes on my appointment yesterday morning. It feels good to hear other people look at this whole being fired thing in a more positive light. It really is encouraging.
After getting a bit turned around (google maps had me turn left when I should have turned right), I arrived and met with a couple of women who really need to stay away from hair extensions. That's catty, I know, but this hair ... they weren't the kind of extensions that looked natural. It looked like someone piled this heap o'hair onto their heads and sent them on their way. It took all of my will power to not stare at it.
There are currently two jobs she can send me to interviews for - both are admin assistant positions (I want out of customer service in the worst way) and she didn't bat an eyelash when I mentioned the amount of pay I'm looking for. One would be working mostly alone as the owner travels quite a bit, but it's more of an office manager position and I kind of like that idea, and the other is a "you'll always be an admin assist" type with no room for any kind of growth or advancement, but she says it's a top 25 company in the nation, well respected with great benefits.
I'm going to think on it and call her tomorrow. She had a number of other places she wanted to touch base with, so maybe there will be something more along the lines of what I want by then. I really would prefer an office manager type of admin position, so here's to hoping.
I got seriously turned around on the way home and had to call my husband for help in getting me out of the ghetto. I somehow ended up by the homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
As expected, I also started my period yesterday morning. Go go gadget uterus. One thing I will say is that it's beyond nice to not be working during it. While I still worry a bit about bleeding through to my pants, at least I don't have to worry about bleeding through to my pants and having an entire office see it. Plus I can take a couple of tylenol and a nap if the cramps get too bad.
You can't do that at work. Offices have this weird rule about not napping at work.
1 comment:
Yay for the good news about the job situation! Okay, not yay for the getting lost part, but you know what I mean. (I could get lost in a sealed envelope, so I send you my sympathy on that one!)
Post a Comment