Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Too tired for a title ...

Right now I'm hating all things animal.

Daniel gave the door hell not long after we went to bed and I dozed off. After getting up to chase him away a couple times, I threw him into a spare bedroom and closed him in.

Pearl needed out at some point 2am-ish. I layed on the couch while waiting for her to want back in, but she must have come across the rabbit(s) that's living under our deck. I had to go into the yard and get her from behind our shed and make her come in.

Sometime after that, Daniel decided he had enough of the other room and began beating on that door. I let him out, only to have to chase him away from our bedroom door again. Sad to say, but I grabbed him by the scruff of his neck, held his head near our door, and smacked him soundly on the hind end. I don't normally hit my animals, but I was done.

Patrick got up at some point and let Pearl out again.

At 6:30 this morning, Hoss was having a fit in in his kennel. This wasn't a low "someone's here that shouldn't be" bark, but his high pitched yelpy "I want attention" bark.

I threw in the towel and got up.

I've researched more ways to keep Daniel from our door and think I may have found the thing. It's a motion activated sprayer that's designed for indoor use. Out of 19 reviews, all but a couple were very positive. The couple that weren't were due to either a malfunction of the item or the fact that it goes through batteries relatively quickly. All others gave it a complete thumbs up.

So I'll be heading back to PetSmart today to get it. I remember seeing one of the fill canisters while I was there yesterday, but didn't see the matching unit. I may have missed it. If they're out, I'll have them call the one by the mall to see if they have it. If they do, I'll trek my butt over there.

Because this whole door thing has got to stop. Has to.

Ally suggested aluminum foil, but mine will usually play with it if it falls while we're using it. So I don't think that's going to be the answer. But I do appreciate it! Suggestions from fellow cat owners are always very welcome.

And with that, I'm off to get dressed and head out. Wish me luck!

No comments: