Remember how I said I'd go into more work-related detail if I was home early on Monday?
Well, I'm home.
The short version is that I was fired. Terminated. Given the good ol' heave ho.
Let me say this up front - for those that I worked with, please don't expect me to start bashing my manager because I won't. It doesn't mean that I'm a fuck up or that I didn't do a damned good job or that I don't feel like I got a serious ass-fucking without any foreplay. It just means I'm going to try like hell to not add fodder to the whispers that already run rampant in that department.
So on to the show ...
I can't say I didn't see it coming. Although the only reason I didn't quit was because I love the company I worked for. The benefits are good, the pay is better than average for this area, and most of the people truly care about each other.
But my manager and I rarely saw eye to eye on how my position should work.
It's been a struggle for me since July / August. And my long-time readers should remember what it was like for me in October and then Dec - January. I wasn't sleeping, I was exhausted all the time, and I was a flat-out bitch most days.
Those days were very much back and forth. One time I was doing great, the next I wasn't. And then it was just pretty much I sucked.
And I can't tell you how many times I've started and stopped job searches over the last few months. April would have marked my 5th year anniversary with that company. So I was hesitant to take up elsewhere.
Hell ... when I talked to my manager on the 25th (this past Thursday, folks) because I was concerned that she didn't hold to the daily meetings we had scheduled, I was told I was doing a good job and that I had nothing to worry about.
Yeah.
I can say I did as good a job as I'm capable of with the direction I was given. I can say I worked my ass off - between almost a class a month, QRs, weekly reviews, and other work I was given, I was very busy (even though I was told at one point that her belief was that I did nothing when I was at my desk).
She just didn't agree.
And there you have it.
I will say that I am getting a decent severance package. Granted, I had to promise not to sue. But it means I'll be getting about a couple month's worth of pay, so I don't have to run right out and find something tomorrow.
Although I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with tomorrow.
4 comments:
OH MY - I am so sorry! That never makes you feel good.
I do hope that this can be a blessing in disguise and your next job is right around the corner that offers you just what you are looking for and happy with
I am so sorry you lost your job this way. Even if you kind of knew it was coming, still...
However, I am excited that this may be a fabulous opportunity for you. It sounds like you were not appreciated for all you did at that job-it's time to find a place that truly appreciates how hard you work.
Oh gosh! I'm sorry this has happened to you. I agree with the previous comments though, that maybe now you'll be able to find a job that makes you happy. You definitely deserve it.
Holy shit! I miss my blogs for a few days and this happens? I am so so sorry!!!
Hopefully you'll get some good hits on your resume and you'll find something even bigger and better!
Post a Comment