Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy hump day ...

Because I'm working Saturday, I have today off. I'm not sure it's a fair trade, though, as I have to be at work by 5:30am (that's 5:30 in the morning) for a field trip type thing.

There are a few things I need to do today - the usual daily things like vacuum and dishes and such. Plus a couple of extras.

Although today's weather really makes you not want to leave. It's raining and seriously windy. Which, to me, is perfect pajama weather.

The trees lining the entrance to our sub-division (which happens to be the street we're on) seemed to have bloomed overnight. So the wind at least presents a pretty picture of waving white blossoms every time I look out a front window.

I ordered this online the other day. I had it for years and years (think about 16 years) and it went missing during our move. The new one is scheduled to be delivered today. To my dad's. Argh. Ah well - I'll pick it up when we go there for dinner on Sunday.

That's about all. Other than the ticking of the keyboard and the sound of the wind, the house is silent. Which is a nice contrast to a busy, loud office.

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

i vote pj's and movies' on the couch!

Katie said...

I second that vote as that is what I would much rather be doing today!

Oh, and I am also a huge Les Mis fan! Congrats on the new CD!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, something ALWAYS gets lost in a move. It's so annoying. And you think, how could I have just lost it? We took everything from that place and brought it here. IT HAS TO BE HERE.

But it's not. Argh.

Alyssa said...

I am so jealous of your blooming trees I could scream. We are currently getting snow and ice and I want to cry. All of the snow from our bitter winter had finally melted and you could actually see the ground again. (Yes, it was brown and ugly, but it wasn't snow!)