Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gah ...

I'm generally an optimistic person. Really. Some would say I complain a lot and maybe I do, but it's usually in a general sort of way. I don't stress very easily and I really do try to not harp on the ickies of things.

And I've tried to look at this whole unemployment thing as a chance to find something else. A chance to get into a field I'll be happier in.

Today, though, has been tough.

I'm ready for a job. I need to go back to work. Not just for bills, but also because I've started to feel like one of those boring, uninteresting people who have nothing to talk about, nothing to say or share. Maybe like I'm of less value or something.

I don't know. Maybe that's not all true. Maybe I'm still interesting and still have something to offer others.

But at least today, right now, I feel like I don't.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

Missy said...

Hang in there! The right opportunity is right around the corner. Besides, maybe your new career is supposed to be a stay at home mommy. :)

Katie said...

I am sorry it's so tough right now. You ARE such an upbeat person, but you deserve a moment or two (or a thousand) to stew. Knowing you, you'll be back to your positive self in no time.

And I agree with Missy. . . the right thing is coming, I just know it.